So we have avoided any therapy issues for the time being, anyway. I know I talked to a couple people about this, but for everyone else...His therapy through early intervention ends on the day he turns 3. (Feb. 4) :(
Brian and I have been freaking out about how he's going to get therapy since we have chosen for him to not enter pre-school until at least Sept., (much to the chagrin of the pre-school) and that means WE would have to transport to therapy at school 4 days a week (while I'm at school, mind you!) and then he would end up having more than 1 session on some days! UGH! We were going to go through our ins. to get private therapy again, but the EI coord. told us they probably wouldn't cover it since we are choosing not to do the school therapy. So Brian called all day from idiot to idiot at the ins. co. and finally got confirmation that he can have a total of 60 visits per year for private therapy. (Now keep in mind, this means that Sam, my child with moderate-severe CP, can only get 20 PT, OT, and ST visits a year!) That is less than half a year worth, since he needs at least one session a week! (Some people on my CP board have MILD kids that get more than one session of each per week!) They told us that we can use my ins. to get the therapy and have Brian's ins. cover my ins.'s co-pay, which is $5. Generous of them, hah?? Anywho, they told Brian that we should decide which therapy would be "MORE crucial" and split up the visits that way. (We can split them up however we choose.) So now I have to decide what area my child can afford to lose out on any given week! Oye!
I am thankful that we have this AT ALL, and we will somehow manage to stretch this until Sept., even though the visits will only cover from the 2nd week in Feb. until the 2nd week in July. It just occurred to me that the school obviously isn't responsible for the summer, so I guess this is how we're going to have to do summer therapy every year. Nothing like screwing with Sam's progress! UGH! Well, we're also going to be filing for Mass Health for the time being, and see if they'll pick up the leftover therapy sessions. i heard that somewhere. keep your fingers' crossed!
(The pics up above are Sammy having his own therapy session on his bed with the pile of clean sheets. it looked like he was attacking a mountain when I went to get the camera..then he was just being silly with them! :)







1 comment:
Hey- girl.. why don't ya put a little update on here for your blog stalkers ;)
Post a Comment