Friday, March 23, 2012

Ok, getting back again here...


So, we've been super healthy this winter..UNTIL this week! My poor Sammy came down with a cold and cough (mostly just a cough) from this past Sunday until today, he is still coughing. I am so thankful he is not up all night coughing, but was up 2 nights with other stuff going on. Tuesday morning I brought him into my bed because he was coughing a little and congested and Brian was staying out of town for work. Well, @ about 2:30 a.m. he woke me up with awful hand and arm shaking and his eyelids fluttering and i couldn't rouse him. It lasted about a minute and then he vomited afterward as he did when this happened in Aug. Very scary to watch. Called the neuro the next day and he said to up his night dose of Zonegran to 125 mg. We haven't seen anything else, thank God! I am hoping it is taken care of now!
Other than that, we are doing well. Trying to survive until our April vacation...my sister is coming from Reno again the third week in April. Can't wait!
Luke is doing well...made honors again this quarter. He signed up for his classes next year and he is taking all honors! Oh, that boy of mine! Love him, even when he gets me going! ;)

So we're looking at different options for summer vacation this year. Brian wants to go to a big lake...not sure i'm on board with that yet, but if it's driving distance to the ocean too, I guess I could be talked into it! ;)

That's it for now...not much else going on...looking forward to this weekend, though! :)

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Sorry to hear you've been dealing with the sickies! Hope it goes away soon! That seizure would've scared me to death! I hope the medication adjustment keeps them away too!!

We're looking forward to April vacation too, but ours is the second week of April.

You should check out New Hampshire for vacation. Lot's of big lakes and you could drive to Hampton Beach. We're probably going back to the lake we go to every year in August and we love it!

Amy said...

Wow, it is good news that you have been so healthy this winter, especially Sammy. I hate to hear that he is dealing with the cold bugs. I hope he gets better soon. I hate these spring colds the worst--just when we are ready to get out and enjoy the nice weather, eh?

I know how proud you must be of Luke too. You have some awesome boys there.

Vacation! Ah! Just talking about making plans makes me excited for you. We probably won't go anywhere this year. We shot our funds for the Disney trip in October, but it was so worth it. Emma still loves to talk about it.

ellen :) said...

Sheila, That's funny because i have been looking at rental houses for Lake Winnepesauke. I found a couple...is that where you guys go?

Amy, thank you. I am very proud of both of my boys! They are really great kids! :) I am jealous of your Disney trip! This is the first year that Brian is actually taking a WHOLE week off of work to go with us on vacation! :)

Sheila said...

The last few years we've gone to Locke Lake in New Hampshire and rented a house with it's own beach and it's been perfect for Malayna. You've probably seen it on my blog. But it's not a big lake so Brian probably wouldn't be happy. Chuck and I used to go to Winnepesauke in our "pre-Malayna" days and it's a great lake. Lots to do and see. I'd definitely recommend it. We rented a pontoon boat on it last year and loved it! And it's huge so Brian should be thrilled and I think you would be too.

ellen :) said...

thanks sheila! :)