We had a good Sammy Speech Therapy day, today! He impressed his SLP (speech language pathologist) with knowing his colors! She put color cards on his comm. board and asked him to press the button for a certain color and he DID IT!! :) He looked at the right one immediately and then with some work and help, pressed the right button to match! She said that knowing the colors that well in order to be able to i.d. them by being asked is over a 3 yr. old skill!! Well, I just LOVE hearing that my children are "sooo smart"! (Her words about Sam, I swear!) She stayed for over her hour today because he was doing so well working with her! :) He wasn't even fussing! Actually, he was giggling....I think he has a little crush on her, personally! (He must like the little blondes!) She and the dev. specialist that came today were really happy with how great his cognition and receptive language are! I always knew he would be ahead SOMEHOW! Even if it's not physically....I ask him if he's wearing his "smarty pants" (a Between the Lions reference for those of you with little ones!) and he giggles! He's too funny!
And of course, Luke just finished reading Jurassic Park, Lost World, Prey(Michael Crichton), the 2 Eragon books, and is currently reading Congo (also M.C.) . I can't get him to be interested in anything less than a college level! They're just toooo boring, mom! :) I could have bigger things to complain about , hah?? (Now if I could just get him to remember to turn off his AC in the morning when he gets up and not leave it on ALL day, we'll be doing well! ;)
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment