Wednesday, October 14, 2009

So we went to see Sam's physiatrist today and we all came to the final conclusion that he will definitely need to get Botox injections done. My poor sweetie.... I guess they put the numbing gel on that I used to get one of my tattoos lasered off, and then they do the injections right there in the office! He said it is quick and I guess relatively painless with the gel. We'll see.... thank God for Sam's screwed up sensory issues! Sometimes he actually giggles when he gets a shot! Weird! ANyway, it's still scary and I am asking for prayers of strength that we can all get through this latest trial. My little man is such a trooper! He will also be getting a new kind of brace that gets his leg to straighten and therefore stretch his hamstrings through his knee.... we probably won't get the Botox for a month or so...have to wait for fabulous ins. approval! :( I'm heading to bed now, but will post pics tomorrow of one of our latest outings in the beautiful Berkshires! :)

2 comments:

momtoablessing said...

I will be praying for u? also whats the brace called cause I have been thinking about seeing if theres something out there to help straighten auds legs out

ellen :) said...

Thanks, Jenny! We need the prayers!
I will find out the name of the brace when we get it and let you know.