Tuesday, November 3, 2009

the sickies....

Ok, so I am so fed up with the sickies already and the cootie season just started! UGH! Luke JUST went back to school today after being out since last Wed. with this respiratory bug and Sammy has been out of preschool since last Tuesday. He didn't go today either. The fever broke pretty quickly for them, but the cough is never ending! Sammy's isn't bad, but Luke can't seem to stop. He just went back today for the fact that he will be too far behind if he misses anymore and he is fed up with staying home.... I know, crazy kid! :) Poor Sammy isn't eating well since he got sick...he is acting ok, and starting to sleep better, but just doesn't seem to be interested in eating. It stinks, because he is so limited in his food choices to begin with... ugh....
Brian also got the virus and I just got a sore throat and a little cough. Thank God...SOMEone's gotta take care of everybody else! ;)

We had to cancel our Halloween party last Sat. at my sister's since everybody was sick and hacking...Sammy and I carved a pumpkin, though, with a spooky design that Luke picked out. And it poured the night of Trick-or-Treat as well, so there weren't many kids out at all.

We also got bad news at school yesterday morning, our long-time, well-loved secretary died unexpectedly Sunday night. She was in her 80's, but seemed so young and youthful that it is hard to take. She was truly a great woman and will be sorely missed!

Here's to a better week coming up!

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Sorry the family is fighting the bugs. I have a feeling it's going to be a long winter.

Sorry also again about your secretary. That is very sad news.

Sheila said...

Ugh! I'm so sorry you're dealing with the sickies! That's just no fun! Is it H1N1 or just a regular old yucky virus? I hope you're all back to good health real soon!

Sorry about your secretary too. It has been a bad week for you! Sending you happy vibes for the next one!

ellen :) said...

Thank you for the positive thoughts, ladies! I need them right now! Thank God the boys are almost all better... it was nasty there for a long while! Sammy had his H1N1 shot before he got sick, so it wasn't that, and they all had the same thing. Just a nasty virus that is going around here... Sammy is finally sleeping again, though, which is better than before he got sick! Weird, but I'll take it! :)

Amy said...

Oh I hate to hear this. I know how yucky it is because we have been dealing with it too. It just throws everything totally OFF!!! I think there is a lot of nasty cold strains going around this year. A lot of people are so sick this year seems like. That is why I am out of the loop on posting lately. But, the boys look as handsome as EVER!! I love all the new pictures.

Sorry to hear about your secretary!

Sending you big HUGS!! Hoping ya'll feel much better soon!!

Sheila said...

Hey Ellen - did your doctor say how long it takes for the vaccine to be effective? Mine said 2 weeks and then they'd have some immunity but not full immunity until after the second shot - I think at least 2 weeks after that. Just curious if we're hearing the same thing. I have a friend whose son is being tested today for swine flu and he was vaccinated (nasal spray) 2 weeks ago. He now has a fever of 103.8 and is coughing so they're assuming flu but she's insisted on having him tested since her other son has diabetes. It's all so scary!

ellen :) said...

Thanks, Amy! I needed the hugs.

Sheila, You know, he didn't say, but I just read this weekend that he will need another shot! Wth?? He didn't mention that either! I will be calling soon! Sorry to hear about your friend's son...ugh! Brian and Sammy are still coughing, but Brian is the worse!

Sheila said...

Hey again - I can't believe he didn't mention the second shot! I've been so obsessed and read so much that I did know about it. But if Sammy had the flu, the vaccine would be pointless, right? He'd already have immunity. My friend's son tested positive and now her son with diabetes has symptoms too. It's nasty stuff, that's why I'm keeping Malayna out of school til she can get that second one! I hope Sammy and Brian feel better soon!