Sunday, July 18, 2010





Had a great week with my sister Annie staying with us from Reno. The week always flies by WAY too quickly! It's too quiet and lonely in my house now... :(
Some pics from the week... Us golfing and Sammy with a pumpkin Mr. potato head mustache.

Oh, and good news from Boston...we went for our 3rd swallow study on Friday to Mass. General. (yeah the hospital on BostonMed!) He only aspirated the bottle and then didn't when it was thickened to nectar! Yah! So no g tube for the present time anyway. The ENT doc was very impressed with the results and told us to just keep doing what we're doing and to thicken the liquids and as long as he can stay away from the pneumonias this winter, we can avoid the tube. We are very happy about this news...now on to getting his teeth taken care of...trying to figure out who to go to that might be covered by our ins. If not, it's out of pocket to put him out to do all the work...onward and upward....

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Great news on the swallow study! No pneumonia this winter...I command thee no pneumonia.

Love all the pics. Is that your sis or you in the pic? Sure looks like you but I've never seen her so don't know.

ellen :) said...

From your mouth to God's ears, Dawn! :)

that's Annie in the pic....she's about 6 inches shorter than me and 30 lbs. lighter! ;) It's funny that out of the 8 kids in our family, I think I look most like my brother! Weird!

Sheila said...

Glad you had a good time with your sister. This whole dang summer is flying by too fast! Great news on the swallow study. I'm so glad you kept going til you got the best answer and the one you wanted! Fingers crossed for no pneumonia this winter! Love the pics!

Dawn said...

Well Ellen - Now when I look down at your fish pic...eh I still thought maybe it was you. ;) She is tiny though standing next to Luke but I imagine he's got you beat too. And holy crap, there are 8 of you? Good Catholic parents you had. :)

ellen :) said...

Sheila,
Thanks for the good wishes for this winter. We need them! :) I am hoping that if we chunk him up and get him super vitamin-powered he'll be ok! :) We have switched to Ensure Plus..it has more fat and calories and vitamins. We'll see if it helps...

Dawn, yeah... Luke and I were walking next to each other the other day and I noticed he's coming close to being my height. He last measured at 5'5 1/2 ". I'm 5'8", so at least I have another year or so! ;)
And yeah,REALLY good Catholic parents! ;) Lots of rainy days with nothing much else to do I guess! :) LOL