Thursday, September 2, 2010










Sammy started Kindergarten yesterday! It was a half day for him. The rest of the K's in the district have half days for the first month, which I would have liked for him since this is a brand new school, but they don't have the testing that the regular ed. classes do, so today they started full days. He takes the bus in the morning , and yesterday took it home, too, as I had a full day at school. But from now on, I pick him up after school. They have been great to agree to wait a few extra minutes with him until i can get there from my school which is all the way across town! Of course any other half days he has he would take the bus home, and every other Monday when I have staff meetings after school, but I hate that he is on the bus for like 50 minutes, and would rather get more time with my little man at the end of our long day! :)
He also had his second tooth fall out today...I just happened to look at it after I gave him an afternoon bottle (he WILL NOT take the bottle for others) and it was hanging over the other tooth space! So I wiggled it until it came out..pretty easily! So now he is very cute with his big space in the front! :) I have included a pic and some pics of him in my sister's pool last Sunday... he LOVES his water! :) And of course I had to include a pic of my "baby" starting 8th grade today! That's right-- 8th frickin' grade! I am old! :( And he is giant! ;) Note the horrified look on his face that I am actually taking his pic before he heads out! :) LOL

4 comments:

Amy said...

Too cute! I love these pics of the kids, and I am digging Sammy's chair. Emma would love that yellow. I am curious if it folds? I checked out the Zippy TS and I think it does. Does it? Is it heavy?

The boys looks so grown up and handsome. I love those first day of school pictures. Sammy looked so happy!

Dawn said...

Hope school goes well for all of you! Sammy looks so adorable with his missing teeth.

And Luke looks good too. Big 8th grader, he's the big fish this year and then oh my high school next year!! Aye yi yi!!

ellen :) said...

Amy,
Thanks! :) The chair does fold, but we discovered only when you disconnect the seat, which is a pain... It is heavy, but since I am used to lifting his other one, I can actually lift it in and out of the back of my CR-V. I REALLY don't want to drive that stupid giant van we have everywhere, so I am suffering with lifting it for now!
Thanks, Dawn..back at ya about the school year! :) I cannot even begin to think about my "baby" going to high school when I feel like it was yesterday that I was just there! ;)

Sheila said...

Sammy looks like such a happy school boy! Malayna is too - check out my blog for her pics! She also lost her second tooth but the first one had mostly come in by then. They're too cute! Love the pics! Malayna loves the water too!