Ok, so that title pretty much says it all! Sam had his eval with the new PT at Berkshire Therapy Works today at 2:00. She's nice enough, but not much little kid enthusiasm or personality. Hopefully she knows what she's talking about and doing, and that will make up for it! Sammy was ready for his nap when she was trying to work with him, so he pretty much just fussed almost the whole time! UGH! The reason evals SUCK is because they are pretty much a stranger trying to get your kid to do what he can't and then pointing out EXACTLY what those things are. Ok, now I'm in tears... this just bites more than ANYONE can understand! It is SO hard to watch Sammy just lie there and TRY to roll over while she keeps saying, let's see if he'll do it...he's got the start and the motivation. I kept telling her he CAN'T roll over by himself and she basically told me SHE thought he could...HELLO....I see him EVERY day, woman! I KNOW he CAN'T! Of course, he just ended up crying and didn't roll over. Imagine someone testing you on EVERYthing that you SUCK at doing and then listing all of those things back to you that you can't do. That's what an eval feels like. She did say that he had GREAT range of motion and flexibility in is arms and that it shows how hard we've been pushing him with stretches, etc. That is wrong that that is the HIGH point of my day! :(
I'm sorry to bi--- on here, but I have to vent....it is just SO depressing. I am VERY interested in seeing what kind of therapy she will do with him. She did say that they have cool swings, etc. which of course, he will LOVE! So we are going through them for PT from now on....His first session is next Wed. I'll update after that...







No comments:
Post a Comment