Saturday, March 1, 2008

UGH.............

So yesterday, the principals pulled the last of the teachers into meetings and told us where we going to be for next year. I truly went in there thinking I was safe, since my co-teacher told me I wasn't moving, and because I had taught 5th grade for the longest of all of us. The other 2 teachers on the other side of us have only been there 3 years and 2 years. I have done 5th grade for 9 years. We knew there would only be 3 5th grades next year because of the enrollment #s, but every other year, they bumped down the last hired. So much for that theory! My co-teacher and I were both bumped down to 4th grade and Mary is going with us from 1st grade, too. As you all can imagine, NO ONE is happy about this! Cathy is staying in 4th as well. What were they thinking having ALL 3 sisters in one grade!? Anywho...I feel betrayed in a way by everyone involved, including the 2 snotty bi----- across the way who were being all buddy buddy with the BRAND NEW 4th grade teacher who got her request for 5th grade for next year. One of them actually asked me, "How do you feel about that?" I just said, "I'm sure you can IMAGINE how I feel about this!" I LOVE 5th grade and it makes my heart hurt everytime I walk into my quad knowing I'm not going to be there again. I guess it's for the best, since I wouldn't really want to teach with the team that's there now, anyway. I really feel sick about this...it sucks just doesn't cover it. Brian is trying to tell me that I should take it as a compliment, since the 4th grade needs the MCAS scores improved, but it still hurts that I'm leaving what I love....

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Tagging you, Ellen. Read my latest blog for instructions.

Salvini said...

talking to my mother about this, i def think that everyone who is unhappy with the changes in the school should show it by putting in transfer papers...who wants to work in a place that doesn't respect their teachers??? as if this country and county isn't enough of a mess! teachers are the most important thing in any society, because without teachers no one would be able to learn! everyone needs to get together and not take this laying down!!!