So Sammy has been having more myoclonic seizures, for those of you that didn't know we were having issues...in a previous post I mentioned he was fussy..well he has been since last Wed. Over the weekend, he got NO naps and was crying and toning and pulling inward and being hysterical at bedtime. So I called the neuro on Monday and he decided that we would go for another EEG in a couple of weeks, and we would up his meds at night to 3 capsules of Zonegran. He said it didn't surprise him and that they definitely sounded like more seizures. Well, he had the bigger dose last night, and he went to sleep easier and without any seizures that I could tell....THANK GOD! I was freaking out! I guess he's getting bigger and just needs a bigger dose! Brian just told me that he was ok tonight when he put him down...I know it seems like a small deal, and easily solved, but his sleeping is a VERY big deal and VERY important not only to him, but to ALL of us and MY sanity! I am so grateful that we found a med that worked well and quickly from the beginning. I know sometimes it's hard to control these kinds of seizures. He is acting better, too. He usually gets cranky with the seizures, and I don't blame him at all! It's so nice to know he's feeling better!
He also went for a normal check-up today and all is as well as it can be. He had a lead test done and was super, of course! He's probably the best kid they see in terms of not pitching a fit when they take blood, or give him shots. He just jumps a little, and then watches what they do! Thank goodness for the silver lining of high pain tolerance from sensory screwiness!
He has gained 2 1/2 lbs. in 6 mos. and Dr. Dempsey is happy with that. His reflux at night seems to be in check with the Prevacid...he has only woken up like twice with the symptoms that he had before. He still wakes now and again, but for who knows what?? Bad dreams, maybe...
Well, here are some more pics...Brian thought it would be funny for him to wear his hat...I kinda thought he looked a little like a criminal, but that's just me...and the pic of him on that girl's lap is him with his babysitter on Tuesdays, Jackie. This is how I come home and find him most Tuesdays...snuggled and falling asleep...he is TOO spoiled! He was WAY more snuggled in before I took the pic..it was too cute...just had to get a pic! The other pic is him loving the Thomas blankie that Mary got for him for his birthday. :)







3 comments:
I'm sorry that Sammy has been having problems with seizures again. It sounds like it's getting a bit better - I hope it continues to smooth out. I love the picture of Sam in his hat - very stylish and the pic of him snuggled with his babysitter is too cute!
Oh, man!!! Poor little guy. I didn't realize he got a new chair. The new one is spiffy! I like it!
thanks, ladies! :)
He is doing MUCH better with the upped meds...
Jess, he finally got used to the new chair..it's better than the other one because it has a 5 pt. harness so he can't arch out, but surprisingly, he hasn't been arching nearly as much...YEAH! :)
Post a Comment