Thursday, April 29, 2010

I called AGAIN yesterday and FINALLY got an appt. for Sammy for Mass General Hospital for a total feeding eval and ear nose and throat eval! I am psyched ! They got us in for next Tuesday, the 4th! WOW! It is really hard to get an appt. there and to get one so soon, I feel like God is watching over us! :) I am really excited about this appt. We can finally be ok with whatever the outcome for the g tube is after this....If they agree, then I think I can accept it. Poor guy doesn't want to drink a bottle for the woman who watches him 2 days a week after his school, which is not good, because yesterday he was having what looked like his myoclonic seizures, I figured probably because he was getting dehydrated. Some days he does well with drinking the bottle and other days like at the bedtime one he chokes like a madman. I just want answers for what is best for him in the end....I will update later on that...

We are also going to visit what sounds like a great K-1-2 classroom for Sammy next week. I have heard awesome things about it...they also include them at points during the day as well in the regular ed rooms, which is nice. We'll see how it is...

5 comments:

momtoablessing said...

Audriannas partial seizures increase when she doesnt eat or drink much.

Amy said...

I am so glad you got that appointment, and I totally know how you feel. You need clear cut evidence for the need, and then you can handle it. I can't believe you got an appointment that fast either. WOW! I am curious to see how the visit to the K-12 thing goes. Keep us post.

I am so glad too that ya'll are talking about the food and drink and seizure thing. Emma's have been up lately, and you know I wondered about the eating drinking thing myself. I am thinking she needs more water lately, especially with her allergies and the increase in temperatures lately. Emma's are up roght now, and I have been so frustrated. It's like you all are confirming what I was thinking. Thanks I could hug you Ellen--and you too, Jenny.

Amy said...

Hey, Jenny, or Ellen, if I could get Jenny's e-mail, I could invite her to Emma's blog. I am going to check out Audrianna's blog right now.

Sheila said...

Great news on getting the appointment so quickly! I hope you get the answers you need, finally! Keep us posted on everything!

ellen :) said...

thanks for the well wishes ladies. I will definitely update when we go!
Amy, I am glad we could help! The weird thing is that we haven't had any in years, and Sammy was giggling after each one..Better that than crying I guess!