Wednesday, April 7, 2010

ugh....

We got a call from Dr. Dempsey yesterday afternoon. (our ped.) He had received a phone call from our ped. pulmonologist that said Sammy failed his second swallow study and that he needed to get a g tube. The GI doc concurred wholeheartedly. Isn't this great news??? What upsets me is that we met with the pulmonologist about 2 weeks ago and he told us that we should meet with a feeding team in Boston and get options. I told him that it was so great to hear that, that we were happy to hear that we wouldn't have to automatically jump to a g tube...I feel so defeated... Brian and I are still going to insist on going to Boston first. I refuse to give up so easily!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Ugh! I agree, get another opinion first! How frustrating that the doctor changed his opinion and didn't discuss it with you! Keep us posted!

Amy said...

Yikes! I agree with you guys. Get that second opinion. That doesn't make sense. I think the doctor that changed his mind should have called you personally.

Let us know.

ellen :) said...

We are definitely going to Boston anyway! I am so frustrated with the whole doctor communication situation right now I could scream! That is almost more irritating than the g tube thing that the actual dr. couldn't call us himself. AARRRR! He did this last time, too...and I thought he was going to be a great one for Sammy, being that he has CP too....