Wednesday, January 5, 2011












Time for another update I guess.. sorry I only seem to update when things go wrong around here... ugh...

So we went last Tuesday to what I thought was going to be a normal 5 minute recheck appt. @ the neuro's in Springfield and ended up having him tell us that Sam's last renal u/s (months ago, btw) showed 3 possible kidney stones from his seizure meds. (Thanks for calling us and telling us before now!) :( Anywho, he sent us right over that day to a nephrologist that gave him another renal u/s and said only his left kidney looked like it had something suspicious in it. The neuro had me freaked out that we were going to have to take Sam off of the Zonegran that has been a miracle drug for Sam's seizures. The nephrologist's opinion was to keep him on the meds and add Potassium Citrate to help prevent any more stones. Want to know why nobody had him take that to begin with 4 years ago???? HELLO!!! Anyway, so we have to be careful because he is sensitive to the potassium and it seems to bother his stomach if has too much. We have a CAT scan scheduled for this Friday @ 5:30 to see for sure what's in the kidneys. We'll see if Sam cooperates and stays still for it!
We had a fabulous holiday..will add some pics..my sis came from Reno for 8 days and we had a great visit. My brother and sis-in-law came from Indy too which was nice to see them again. Had a "sleepover" @ my sister's house for New Year's Eve (with the kids) , us crazy people, but had lots of fun! :)

including a pic of Sam on the Flexible Flyer sled that Brian adapted for his feeder seat..as you can see, he loves it! :)

The day after Christmas I backed my car into a mailbox @ my ex-husband's apartment (totally in my blind spot--apparently I need to make more money so I can afford a back-up camera!) So my car has been in the shop since last Monday--I'm dying without my car! :( Hopefully it will be ready tomorrow--FINALLY!

Well, that's the latest.... i will try to update this weekend on the CAT scan results...


2 comments:

Sheila said...

Wow, that sucks! I hate the fact that so many "wonder" drugs have such horrible side effects! I hope the CAT scan went well and only showed good things! I hope your car is back with you too! Love the sled!

ellen :) said...

thanks, Sheila! We are probably going to have to wait for the resutls of the CAT scan... Have the car back, but it still isn't all the way fixed yet. ugh!