Yeah, yeah...I'm a slacker.... So just a quick update...
We had a blast at our annual Oscars party on Sunday at my sister's house...ragging on the outfits and making fun of the horrible speeches while eating lots of great junk food, what could be more fun??? ;)
My boy went to Florida with my sisters and brother-in-law again this past school vacation week. He had a blast...coming from 20 degrees here in Massachusetts, he was really enjoying the 82 degree weather and the non-stop fishing in the canal behind the house and on the boat. He caught some cool fish... :) I missed him but I am glad he gets to have the opportunity to get away with his aunts and uncle! They spoil him way too much! :) Isn't he all grown up now?? Makes me want to cry! My "baby" is starting high school next year! :(
Sammy and I spent the week playing and having therapy sessions and just sleeping later in the mornings! Didn't get to fatten him up much, he wasn't into eating much over vacay for some reason, but now that he's back to school , and still not eating well for them, he's ravenous when he comes home and I'm able to get a lot into him at a time... getting nervous that he looks like a Beafran (sp?) child with the ribs sticking out and all... poor kid... he's happy to be back at school, though... although he doesn't get up well in the morning even if he goes to bed on time... i think he got that from me! ;)
So, we also went to Shriners in Feb. again and are getting Sammy an Easy Stander (it's a hydraulic stander that he can sit in and it stands him up a bit at a time) and a wheeling toilet seat that goes over the toilet we have so he can start being more like a 6 yo. He is very excited about it, as we are. He can go on command and is starting to be dry some nights, so even though he can't tell us he has to go, we can put him on at times during the day to make him more independent. Shriners is so awesome, they don't question us, they just ask how they can help.... it was nice to be able to vent about his school feeding issues and other struggles with the OT there...she must have sat with us for like 40 minutes and just listened to us and gave us suggestions to try and things to say to the people at school. SHRINERS ROCKS!! Please support them when you can! :)







3 comments:
Ooooh, I'm so jealous of Luke's trip to Florida! I'm ready for sunshine and warmth, for sure! And I'm jealous of you and Sammy sleeping in. Now that it's getting light out earlier, Malayna is awake at 6:30 practically every morning despite the room darkening shades and curtains in her room. Ugh! Glad you had a great visit at Shriners. That's awesome that Sammy is going on command and staying dry. I'm still having no luck with Malayna on the potty! I will be sure to add Shriner's to my list of charities. I've started focusing any giving on things like that and things for animals, so that's a good one to remember!
Good to hear about the boys. I wish I could go to Fla. Lucky Luke! Emma never sleeps late, never. I am with you on the potty thing. Emma can tell me most of the time that she needs to go, but we don't always make it. I squeeze the pee outta her trying to get her there and on the potty fast enough sometimes. We try though, and that is what counts. Emma feels so much better about herself when she gets to go. Her biggest problem is her Mommy being too slow and too lazy.
Sheila, thank you for the support of Shriners! They really do rock and get all of their support from generous people such as yourself! :) Sorry to hear about the 6:30 wakening! Yuck! Sammy is up @ 6:45 on a school day only because I wake him up! ;) I have inadvertently raised both boys to be night owls who sleep late. :) Brian is the opposite, though... I am very lucky that Sammy will normally go to about 8:20 now, with the lightening days. :)
Amy, that's great that Emma can communicate that she has to go! That is something that we will have to work on..I'm not sure if Sam knows yet that he has to go, but can make himself if we ask...I think we will be going on sheer scheduling. But to not have to do as many diapers will be nice and the independent feeling for them is the biggest thing EVER and worth it! :)
Post a Comment