Thursday, May 12, 2011

Ok, people....I am SOOOO done with these cooties!

We are FINALLY after what, 4 weeks, coming out the other side of cootieville in my house...starting toward the end of April with Sammy and the ear infection and then 2 weeks later the virus and hospital stay and then last week to Luke getting a cold and HORRIBLE cough that is STILL sticking around 11 days later...and then Brian and I got the cold not as bad and now Sammy has the cold and a little cough. Love Zicam, I think that's why Sammy and I didn't get it very badly. So Sammy was out yesterday and today but is actually acting ok and slept through last night! Thank God! I also wonder if his 6 yr. molars coming in are painful at all... They seem so darn big! He will be going back to school tomorrow, they have a half day because of faculty PD. Can't wait to have a weekend with everyone semi-well! Fingers crossed that we have served our sentences! :)

So there's buzz at my school of assignment changes...as in I may be moved again to a much lower grade, depending on position changes... I am NOT happy about this AT ALL! I am going to play the lottery twice a week ALL summer and pray that I can just quit my job and volunteer with Sammy all day everyday! (I was at his school last Fri. after a field trip and he ate like a champ for me there!) Love my job, but can't take anymore of the power trip bs that continues to pervade! :(

Oh well, either way, 5 more weeks of school for this year and I can take the whole summer to attempt to wind down! :)

3 comments:

Sheila said...

OMG, I'm so sorry you've been dealing with cooties for so long! I feel ya though because just 3 weeks after Malayna's last round of cooties her nose is running like a faucet again! It's like we can't stay healthy for even a month at a time! Our school is full of kids coughing like crazy! I wish this weather would stay warm so we could air things out really well!

Sorry to hear things are in flux at your school again. I hope things go your way!

Amy said...

I feel ya too! Sorry about the cooties. We keep battling them too. Emma coughed a lot today and sneezed out junk. Me too! Daddy too! I want it to get sunny and dry too ASAP!!

Hope things get better at school, but I think you will definitely feel better after a good summer vacay! I hate school politics!

ellen :) said...

thanks ladies... i'll post an update...