Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sammy

So I guess I should update on what's been going on with us lately.... The Tuesday of vacation, 4/19, Sammy came down with a temp. and into Wed. He seemed ok Thursday and then woke up Friday morning with diarrhea and vomiting once. So by Saturday evening he seemed to be perking up and taking some fluids but was up all night Sunday upset and ended up vomiting again Sunday morning. So we called the doc and went to the ER with him. Happy Easter, hah? He was so dehydrated and limp it was scary. So they hydrated him with an IV and sent us home with the well still in, just in case. We had a follow-up with the ped. Monday morning and he felt he was still dehydrated so he admitted us to the hospital. We stayed Monday night and then again Tuesday night to get the IV fluids and he was acting better by Wednesday so they let us go home. he started eating again and now I am just struggling with him to take the bottle again...I sat with him for half an hour twice yesterday until he drank some of the bottle... he can't eat popsicles all day forever! So he is back to school... acting fine, just tiring a little easier and skinnier from the incident, and has us once again considering the g tube, but it's nice to see him smiling again! :) Don't ever want to go through that again.... Now Luke has a cold, so we'll see if we can bypass anybody else catching that from him... Sammy can't afford to catch something again, poor little guy... so Clorox wipes and sanitizer galore! Summer vacation, please come quickly!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Ugh! Your vacation was worse than ours (see my blog). Why are illnesses so much harder on our poor kiddos! Geez! I'm glad Sammy is feeling better and I hope his immune system is still fighting so it fights off the cold!

Amy said...

We were sick on Easter too. So, Emma didn't get to hunt eggs or anything, and I have no pictures really. We tried to color some, but she looks like she feels like crap in the photos.

I don't know why illnesses are so hard on our kids, but they are. IT IS SO HARD AT TIMES LIKE THAT.

I am very happy to hear that our sweet Sammy is feeling better. I will pray that he keeps healthy from now through to summer. Poor kids. He takes a lickin and keeps on tickin. He is a strong kid to go through that. This year seems to have hit us all with sickies at the worst times, huh? Hugs Ellen!

ellen :) said...

Sorry to hear you ladies were in the same boat as us...no, not fun at all! :(