Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sammy the "sock head"



Or at least that's what Luke called him when he had his "sock" hat on his head because he had his 24 hr. EEG electrodes on his head. We got them put on at about 10:00 Wed. morning at Baystate and Brian brought him back this morning to get them taken off. We had a log to fill out with his schedule and a button to press that marked the EEG if we saw any symptoms. He got a cool horsie backpack that held the monitor pack. He liked that--we figured Mary would be jealous! LOL ;)


We finally got the results late this afternoon after playing phone tag and we were told that even though the EEG was abnormal, as it always is, obviously since he has permanent brian damage, there was NO signs of any seizures. Obviously good news, now we won't have to mess with trying to add another med to the Zonegran. We are very grateful for this! Now I am looking for another answer as to why he is waking up and posturing and crying. I know it's not his reflux, so I'm trying to see if the neuro will try him on a muscle relaxant for nighttime to see if it's spasticity that's making him uncomfortable. We'll see.... it's a crap shoot at this point, I guess... I am just grateful that he's sleeping through a couple of nights here and there... seldom, but at least it's SOMEtimes! :)


So here he is with the "turban".

4 comments:

momtoablessing said...

even with the sock on his head he is still cute.

ellen :) said...

thanks, Jenny!! :) He actually got a little upset when I told him they were going to take his hat off! He's definitely an odd one! :)

Dawn said...

Cute as ever! Great news about the no seizure activity! Yay!

ellen :) said...

thanks, Dawn!! we are definitely happy about the news... still deciphering the sleeping issues, though! :(