Monday, May 11, 2009

oh, God help us...



Ok, so Sammy is sneezing up a storm and I have a sore tonsil! Seriously....I am not humored with the cooties this year! I am hoping that Sammy's is allergies since he had sneezies all along, but he has been mucho crabby the past 4 days or so... I guess we'll wait and see! He was acting better this afternoon, after I brought him to see his 'new room". He loves the new house, now we just have to FINISH it so we can live in it! :) Got delivery on the inside doors today. We got special cedar doors, very beautiful! Sammy was very excited to see them! Brian is almost done taping our bedroom and bathroom and got the cellar-way stairs partitioned and railings up. Getting all of the crap done so we can get the certificate of occupancy. "Kind of" important! ;)



Made "papillon" (as my French mom calls them) cupcakes for Mother's Day. (aka butterflies)
They look like they took more effort than they did. They are made from colored chocolate melting wafers drawn on wax paper and left to harden. They were actually fun to make! :) Big hit! :) Tasty too! :) I am really enjoying this little hobby!






6 comments:

Sheila said...

OH gosh, Ellen! I hope it's nothing serious and it's gone real quick! This swine flu thing freaks me right out! LOVE the cupcakes, they keep getting better and better!

ellen :) said...

thanks, Sheila! :)

He is indeed sick today..just a cold, thank goodness! He was actually acting better than he has the past few days...i guess you always feel more crappy when it's coming on...i am just praying that he sleeps tonight. I am a BIT sleep deprived at this point! :(

Sheila said...

Sending feel better and sleep vibes your way. I know that sleep deprived feeling, as I have it most days! ;)

ellen :) said...

thanks, Sheila! :) At least he slept through the night :)

Amy said...

Yuck, I hate this time of year. Hard to tell what those sneezies are. I hate that little man has a cold, but hopefully he will get better real quick! I loved the cupcakse. You are way too talented. I wish I had a hobby like that. I am also glad to hear about all the progress you all are making are your new house. How exciting!

I don't know if Sheila will see this, and I am sorry to hijack the post, but I see her and Jenny around here sometimes.

Hey Sheila. I keep meaning to say that since I see you around here some. How's that little cute girl of yours?? I bet she is growing like a weed. I would love to see a picture of her sometime. I always loved those curls.

Hey Jenny. I bet little Aud is growing fast too! Wow how time flies.

I miss the old board.

ellen :) said...

Thanks, Amy...Sammy is acting perfectly fine...he is such a fast healer...it's really weird! He is just a little congested and has a little bit of a cough here and there...thank goodness! :)
And feel free to hijack away!! I hate that everybody has been torn apart by the old board leaving! It sucks! Even the new board we all started isn't being used..ugh...damn BBC!! :(