Saturday, February 20, 2010

I swear to God...

I am SO done with Sammy and school and these cooties! He ended up throwing up this evening while I was trying to get dinner made...I am assuming it was from swallowing all of the junk that he is coughing up. Poor dude! He was still trying to smile afterward, even though he was pale as a ghost and falling asleep from exhaustion in his chair. I waited a bit and then gave him his seizure med with a little sherbet since he can't not have that, and he seemed ok with it, so then we did his neb. and got him to bed. He fell right asleep..I am tellin ya, I don't think I am going to survive him being in school and catching everything! I am so overwhelmed with worrying about him everyday non stop! I told Brian there is no way in hell he is going to school this week, since we are praying already that he stops wheezing before next Friday for his endoscopy or they won't be able to do it. He doesn't need to be catching anything else in the meantime, since that is where he got this latest cold, of course right before we went on break! I am seriously considering putting school on hold for a month or so...until we get all of his shit set and taken care of in terms of appts. and tests, etc. Him having somebody ask him to identify a CUP out of two options is NOT exactly a priority for him right now! (Yeah, that's actually what the Speech therapist wrote as something she was having him work on with his eye gaze! Are you shitting me??? This is what he's getting sick for??? Something he's been able to do sinc e ayear old???) UGH! Can you tell I'm frustrated?? I think this bowl of low-fat mint choc. chip will do the trick! Did I mention that I am also fed up with my weight gain and ended up buying myself an elliptical after Christmas when they were on sale at Sears and have already lost 7 lbs.? I can't see it yet, but it's better than staying at the status quo... I am working on wearing a "real" bathing suit this year instead of my "mom" suit as Brian calls it! :) LOL

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Ugh! I hear ya on the school and the damn germs! I'm nervous everyday I take Malayna to school now after the month we've had. Sometimes it just isn't worth it and I think you're completely justified in keeping him out until you get through these tests and appointments, they are much more important. I always tell myself it's only pre-k so it's not the end of the world when they miss some. And if they're sick, they're gonna miss anyway! I'm sure our school thinks I'm crazy for all the times I've kept Malayna out but they don't live with her when she's sick! She can't handle all the mucous either and ends up vomiting too! All this stuff is so much harder on our little sweeties than a typical kid and people just don't get that! Sending big healthy hugs your way and hoping you catch a break soon!! Our weather for the week is looking lousy so I'm actually hoping for several snow days this week. At this point I'd rather have her in school all summer when there are less germs around! I know, not what a teacher wants to hear though, right? :)

momtoablessing said...

I know it seems like the germs are endless but he will eventually build up his immune system audrianna was constantly sick at school. It took us a whole year but now she gets less and less sick from germs at school. But boy o boy was it frusterating as hell.
congrats on the weight loss tho. I am supposed to be ganing weight and so far I have gained 1lb in the 3 months I have been pregnant. WTH I didnt have any problems gaining weight before i got pregnant

Amy said...

Oh boy, I get it! I think that keeping him out until you get all his tests and things squared away would be a good idea. Plus, it might just give you a break from the anxiety of it. We all need that at times. Emma vomits the mucous too!

Sending big hug and hoping for healthier days ahead.

ellen :) said...

Thank you so much for the support ladies! I really appreciate it!

It's nice to know that I am not alone in my anxiety! Somedays I wonder if we are at all making the right choices with Sam's best interests in mind...life sucks sometimes!