Monday, February 8, 2010

Sammy the pirate






We had Sammy's pirate birthday party yesterday at our house... He loved it! My sister even dressed the part! (Note the bling on his fingers--he loves the bling just like his mom!) :)

He is so blessed to have so many people that love him! He got lots of books and color WOnder books and videos! All his favorite! And some gift cards so he can pick out his own movies and books! :) He loves to do that! Luke even serenaded him with "Happy Birthday to You" on the sax! It was great! I made the pirate cupcakes..they came out well I thought...Sammy liked them!

On a side note, we figured out that he threw up at school because he ate honey in his cereal that morning. The last time we gave him honey, he threw up too, but we didn't connect it! So no more of the sweet stuff for my little man!! So bananas and honey, what strange allergies! At least now we know!! He was also dx with a sinus infection and is on more meds for that....

6 comments:

Sheila said...

Sounds like a great party! Love the pirate cupcakes! Good for you for figuring out the honey connection! Sorry to hear about the sinus infection...again! Malayna was on an antibiotic for a sinus infection and a week after stopping she has congestion with no runny nose again but the doctor thinks it's a new virus rather than a relapse. Ugh! She's not as sick as she was the first time around so I'm just hoping she gets over it quickly!

ellen :) said...

I hope Malayna is feeling better really soon! Tell her that Sammy feels for her! I tell ya, these sinus infections are so hard to get rid of..we are seriously considering the adenoids out since he can't really blow the junk out the real way, then it can drain the other end!

momtoablessing said...

Make sure u mention the honey allergy when it comes time for botox if he gets it cause botox is botulisim toxin which can also be found in honey. when audrianna had her botox reaction her pediatrician told us to hold off on giving audrianna honey for awhile.

Dawn said...

Love the pirate yummies! Crazy about the honey allergy. At least you know. Glad he had a nice party.

Amy said...

Oh what fun! I love those cupcakes, way cool! You are so creative with the cakes. I am glad Sammy had a good time. We have to watcht he bananas too!

ellen :) said...

thanks, ladies! :)

Jenny, thanks for the heads-up! I never would have known that!