Ugh...my eldest is now in Florida for winter break with my sisters and brother-in-law...he is having loads of fun and of course doesn't miss his old mother at all! I miss him, though! :(
Sammy started with a fever yesterday and a little cough, and was still a bit warm today. He was acting WAY better today, though...thankfully...hopefully he is on the mend now...my little man just keeps getting everything out there! Hoping to have a vacation without a sick little man the whole time! He is gagging on purees lately, not really looking forward to getting the swallow study redone for fear that it will just re-confirm that he needs a g-tube. He will eat solids ok, but purees now are not his thing... go figure... doesn't help when he needs to take his meds in something like fruit or yogurt...ugh....
We are awaiting his new feeder seat that we ordered recently because his old one is getting a bit small for him. We are STILL anxiously awaiting the arrival of his comm. device! And Brian has an appt. with him on March 2 (I am out of family sickdays) with the PT at Shriners and the wheelchair guy to pick out a seating and wheelchair setup for him. They look pretty supportive and he can get a purple one...that being the crucial piece! :) He got a haircut last night..couldn't take the bangs anymore! ;) (See pic)
Well, off to bed! Maybe Sammy will bless Mommy with another whole night of uninterrupted sleep like last night! God bless him! It was wonderful, especially since I am on break and am the one getting up with him! ;)







4 comments:
Poor Sammy and his sickies. You need spring. Glad Luke is having a good time in FL.
Oh give Sammy a big old hug from Emma and me. I hate that he is feeling yucky again. I am praying so hard that his swallowing improves. It seems coincidental or not so that he was eating just fine all these years until the baclofen (sp??). Just too odd to me that he never had problems before. I am praying it is just the baclofen until it all wears off.
He looks totally cute in that pirare attire--loving the pirate bling! Way cool! Emma thinks pirates are neat. She thinks Sammy is pretty cute!
Ugh! I think you ALL should've headed to FL for some sunshine and warm weather and a break from the sickies! We've still been dealing with them here too. I just can't wait til summer! Love the haircut! Hope you're getting good sleep on your break!
thanks for the thoughts and prayers,ladies! Sammy actually has a nasty cough now, and wheezing, but it seems to be not getting worse..we put him back on his second nebulizer hoping that that keeps things clear...he is still finishing up his antibios from the last sinus infection, so that should keep things from getting too nasty...
Sheila--I'm with ya on the FL thought! :)
Post a Comment