Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sammy and his walker

Sammy is doing great in his walker lately! I put him in it last Sat. and he "walked" to me!! How weird of a feeling that was! But great, of course! He is still working on holding his head up, but at least he's moving it on his own without assistance. Brian found out that he can put the ankle straps on him (they hold his legs apart so he doesn't scissor) and he now "sprints" around the house. Brian said that he made it from the kitchen to the other side of the area in about 3 seconds! And Brian got him new sneakers yesterday to help him get better traction. The only bad thing is that he is getting a huge line of bruising from the strap that holds his sling seat up. Hopefully the new walker will not have this issue. We'll see what we can do! He loves his independence, though! It just stinks that I am missing most of it! :(

So we go to Shriners on Sept. 22 to get his new walker and his new special needs car seat! Thank God for Shriners!! They are paying for the whole cost of the car seat as our ins. told us that it falls into the category of a "convenience item/ everyday care item". No duh, idiots, but we still HAVE to have it!! :(


4 comments:

Sheila said...

Yay, Sammy! This is such great news! Now we need to see pictures!

Amy said...

WOW! That is great news! This is so exciting!! Sammy is amazing! Watch out now! Your furniture and walls are in for major beating, but it is worth it! I know what you mean about the shock factor. Emma is so inconsistent with her walker that I a shocked every time she does pretty well. Keep up the great work Sammy!

Anonymous said...

Walking - excellent!

Barbara

ellen :) said...

thanks, everybody! :) He is such a hard worker! I put him in it at my sister's yesterday because she has a lot of open space, and he played hide and seek with Mary! WOW! Of course I guide him, but he was propelling! i can't wait to get his new one from Shriners tomorrow! YAH! I will try and get the videos to upload here from work, because it won't from home for some reason. :(