Thursday, September 24, 2009

Shriners pick up visit

We went to Shriners on Tuesday to pick up Sammy's brand new gait trainer (walker) and special needs car seat. The walker is the same size as the loaner we had, but a very cool shiny purple color that Sammy himself picked out. You should have seen him, he was literally running down this long hallway in it showing off for the therapists. Nothing but a giant smile on his face the entire time he's walking in it. :) My sweet man! We are working on getting him to bear weight more when he walks instead of just propelling himself with mainly his toes, but he is very motivated to move! :) Please continue to support Shriners! They paid for the car seat totally ($800) since the ins. co. wouldn't cover it. They consider it "either a convenience item or everyday care item". Crap, hah?? Thank God for Shriners! We are truly blessed to have them and have them so close as well!

He loves his new car seat, too! It looks like an overstuffed lounge chair! He sits lower in it than the old one, but it's got great head cushions that keep his head nice and straight and lots of cushioning to keep his body straight too. He looks tiny it because it is so big for him to grow with, but he looks very comfortable in it! I will get some pics of him in it and in the walker when I get a minute!

Luke's birthday is next Tuesday...my little man is turning 12! It seems like such a milestone! How did I get old enough to have a 12 year old??!! UGH! :( We are having his party on Sunday...just a regular party since he is too old now for themed parties! Oye! I am going to attempt chihuahua cupcakes to go along with the apple crisp he requested. (they are his fave dog) We'll see how they turn out! I'll post pics if they come out decently.

Happy birthday to Brian, who's birthday was yesterday. We did cards and his favorite ice cream cake last night and his mom is having an official birthday party tomorrow since his sister and mom have their birthdays in Sept. too. I got him a Kreuger (sp?) coffee maker. I know he doesn't read this, so I know he won't find out until tomorrow. :) He really wanted one, and I got a sweet deal at Bed, Bath and Beyond with a great coupon, so I was able to afford the nicer one. Of course, Luke will love it, too, being the coffee fiend! :)


3 comments:

momtoablessing said...

Happy birthday brian and Luke.

Dawn said...

Happy birthday to the big boys! Wow Luke is 12? Holy smokes!

Very cool about Shriner's getting Sammy a new gait trainer and carseat. What a wonderful program. I'm glad that Sammy is doing so great with it.

ellen :) said...

Thanks, ladies! :) they had great parties! :)

yeah, Dawn... i feel really old now! ;)