We went to get Sam's first Botox injections today with his physiatrist. He made us feel very comfortable with getting the shots...not sure if we looked nervous or what, but we have been on board with this from the get-go,so I'm not sure why he felt we needed such intense reassurance.
So he put the numbing cream on his leg and wrapped his leg with pink saran wrap. He thought that was the coolest. He was ok for the shot part, he only flinched and started to fuss, but he only got 4 shots total, even though it was a lot of fluid each, so it was over relatively quickly and he was fine afterward...didn't actually cry. My little trooper! So we told him because he was so brave that we would stop at the store and get him a treat. So Brian got him and Luke a pastry and after dinner I asked him if he wanted it and he looked upset. So I asked him what he wanted for a treat, and he looked to the cabinet. The kid wanted his Gerber yogurt snacks for a treat! He is SO NOT my son! Passing up sugar for yogurt??!! UGH! I have failed in my role as a mom! :) LOL
So we wait now and pray that he doesn't get any swallowing issues or breathing issues that sometimes happens with kids who have issues to begin with. We also have to wait 3-5 days to start to see if this is going to have any effect whatsoever. He did a low dose to help prevent the side effects,so we aren't expecting any major benefits...anything would be good though!
Might be going on Friday since we all have the day off to Boston to go pick up Sammy's talking computer. We'll see!
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Wow, that boy is amazing! I sure would've been screaming after 4 shots! I hope that all goes well and you see some good results! Love the yogurt story! Wouldn't have been my choice over sugar either!
thanks, Sheila! He surprises me all the time! :)
Post a Comment