So poor Luke was sent home yesterday from school for getting sick. Poor kid ran outside and threw up on the lawn outside of the school! Quick thinking, I'd say! ;) He's feeling better, hopefully it's back to school tomorrow... IS IT SUMMER YET??!!
So Sam passed his swallow study for thickened applesauce and baby cereal, but aspirated the pudding and pediasure from the bottle. At least that's better than before! So apparently the Baclofen dosage had something negative to do with it after all! Dr. Duda told us that he wants us to meet with a feeding team at Mass General before we make any big decisions about getting a g tube. He said we can meet with an ear nose and throat guy too about the sinus infections. At least now we know that the g tube isn't an absolute! Thank God! We are giving him mostly solids now anyway, with the toddler dinners, so there really isn't much he would be aspirating other than the bottle anyway..I guess we'll try thickening the bottle again like we did years ago...and so it goes...
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Yes, I just knew it was the Baclofen. He has been doing so well all this time with eating. It seemed like that is when he started having those problems, at least as I have been keeping up with it. I am relieved for you and with you. I know that a g-tube is not the worst thing in the world, but I know what it is like to NOT want that. I know what it is like to want to have a few things that are just okay and typical. So, I was feeling your worry about it. I always felt the same way about Emma. It was just that one thing that I didn't have to worry about. I am happy for you, and I think things will only get better. I see no reason to rush into now for sure.
Go sweet Sammy!! Keep chomping that big boy food!!!
Ugh - poor Luke! I only hope Sammy doesn't pick up that bug too! Glad to hear the swallow study went well and the g-tube is not a definite. Good luck with the next round of visits. It sounds like you've got good doctors helping you make a well informed decision!
thanks, ladies! It is definitely a relief to know we at least have SOME options to look at! :)
Post a Comment