Friday, December 12, 2008

Hoping to get our Christmas tree this weekend...in fact, we are definitely getting it this weekend, I cannot go past my birthday without having the tree up! Annie and Mike and Barb are coming home next Sunday! Wow! My other brother is getting almost a week off of his work and coming up that next Monday, the 22, from CT. It will be fabulous to have all of the Hibbard siblings together for Christmas all at the same time! :) It's chaos, but fun chaos!! :)

I can't tell if Sam is getting rid of his bronchitis yet or not.... he always has crap in his throat that sounds like he needs to cough it up, so it's hard to tell.... there seems to be a bit of wheeze left, so I'll go by what he sounds like on Monday and that'll be 10 days, and we'll get him rechecked again if necessary. I told them I'm just going to put up a cot and move in!

His latest obsession is the Grinch (the original movie) and the Charlie Brown Christmas movie. It's kind of neat since those were my favorites (along with Rudolph that he can't stand) when I was little. He just gets so excited and starts making noise to "sing" along with the songs. He also tries to sing along if you start to sing Christmas carols. He loves the Mariah Carey "Santa Clause is coming to town" which we listen to in the car. He is such a freak for the jolly old guy!! It's too sweet to watch!
Luke is officially a non-believer this year. I finally had to come out and spill it since I didn't want him to get made fun of in middle school. He was cute, he said, "don't say it..i know what you're going to say..i just don't want to hear you say it." He said he pretty much knew last year, but just didn't say anything. That's it, it's official, his innocence is gone! At least we have Sam to still do Santa with.... hopefully for a long while...

8 days til Annie comes!!!

3 comments:

momtoablessing said...

yep Audrianna is really into the older christmas movies to she absolutly loevs the grinch cartoon we tried the one with jim carrey she hated it, she loves a christmas story. And she loves rudolf, frosty and all the ones to that set. As for santa claus not so much was going to have her take pictrus with snata or have her dad put the costume on again this year but Im hesitant she was so scared last year and her fear has pregressed into anything in costume like the easter bunny, Halloween was some what ok. oh and I have a car so manybe sometiem we can come up adn visit u and sammy Im sure aud would love to see him again

Amy said...

Hey Ellen, I linked over here from Jess's blog. I hope you don't mind. But, I think it is so cute that Sam is trying to sing with the Christmas tunes and loves the Grinch. I can hear him now. I am glad to hear that he doing well. Sorry, I haven't been posting. I am just really getting the hang of it. I didn't pay attention that I could have linked here before now. I am such a dork!!

Emma is doing well. I miss the old BBC group.

Well gotta run. I will comment more often now that I found your page.

Take care,
Amy

ellen :) said...

Amy, it's great to hear from you!! I'm glad you linked us! Glad to hear that Emma is doing well! Yeah, I love this time of year, just watching the kids have a ball is wonderful enough for me! :) Stay in touch, girl! :)