Two things.... first, I am asking for any extra prayers out there go to the leader of our CP board, Jessica. Her son, whom they were told he had mild CP, may have a genetic disease. They are going through the rough task of testing while having him in the hospital and having to wait weeks for an answer. He is having many seizures and they are trying to figure this out...
Secondly, and this seems so mild compared to the above, but we brought Sam for a recheck on his bronchitis and Dr. D said that he still has stuff in his lungs and he put him on ANOTHER inhaler, a steroid, that he has to have 2x a day with his Albuterol inhaler 4x a day. At least he'll be done with his nasty antibiotic tomorrow morning! A small step! It is not pleasant and he is starting to balk at taking it, so I know he's sick of taking it...it was 2x a day for 10 days. Poor guy, could he HAVE any more meds in his schedule?? I am praying that this steroid does the trick quickly. At least he's not in too much discomfort...his cough isn't bad and the wheeze is definitely lessening. We are so blessed that he made it almost to 4 before getting an issue with his lungs. Kids with severe CP usually have big issues with getting pnuemonia. One small victory for us.... He is a trooper though...i realized exactly how lucky I am that my kids are so good at going to the doctor when the little girl in the next room at the doctor's who was Sam's age was screaming and crying hysterically because the doctor was just examining her for a routine physical. UGH! I can't imagine...and then of course, when he was in with us, we heard her get her flu shot. She freaked again, like someone was killing her! I told him Sammy just giggles or does nothing when he gets a shot. (A silver lining to the sensory freakiness of CP) He actually cries when he doesn't get to see the doc when we go to the office!
Anywho...2 weeks until Annie comes home!!
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
OMG logen is 5'2" Im 5 feet tall lol another person to make me feel short. I hope sammy starts to feel better we are struggling with the whole cold thing right now and since wnter just really kicked off with the snow and all and she just happens to get the cold the first day it snows its definatly not a good sign for us. She also uses an inhailer and I know what u mean by all the meds. It seems like our kids are constantly being put on a new med doesn't it keep in touch we won't be going to shrienrs anymroe unless aud needs surgery which she will be at some point in the next year or soo. Other then that its boston
Oh Ellen, what a rough go. I am so sorry about your coworker, how awful for her son.
You & Jess are always in my daily prayers. I hope somehow they help even if just a little bit.
Ellen- thank you so much for posting the prayer request! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Post a Comment