Monday, December 15, 2008

We got our tree yesterday...we didn't realize that the tree farm would have ice loaded on all of their trees from the storm the other day. Brian and Luke had a "great" time lugging the heavy ice tree back to the truck from the field! LOL
Sammy had a ball, too, since he got pulled the whole way in the sled. He loves it!! He couldn't stop smiling! :) Tonight I didn't get home until 5:30 from our late meetings at school, and it was pouring rain, so I decided that we'll put the tree up tomorrow night when I can get the decorations out of the shed. Plus, we had to wait until the tree thawed out! Sammy was SO excited to be getting a tree...he keeps looking at the corner of the livingroom everytime I mention the Christmas tree...he remembers putting it up last year. We got cute Santa and Frosty ornaments for Sammy and Luke...I figure with a new house on the way, we have to start getting real things, not leftover, old things.

So I officially turned old today...according to Sammy anyway! :)(He laughed when I asked him if I was turning old today!) The big 35! UGH! I know, it doesn't sound that old, but I feel like my eggs are drying up as we speak...it just stinks to know that I am slowly hitting those milestone ages where you start losing the ability to do things, like reproduce of your own will...i know, it's not like I necessarily wanted or could deal with another child, but I hate being old and having nature make the choice for me...ok, enough crabbing...at least I am healthy, I am very blessed and thankful for that! Although our colleague at school told me that I can run for President now! There's always a silver lining somewhere, hah?? LOL

5 days til Annie comes home!! :)

5 comments:

Sheila said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Ellen! You're still a spring chick compared to me! Ha! Hope you had a great birthday.

ellen :) said...

thanks, Sheila... you're sweet! :)

the boys made it great...they're all I need for a birthday present! :)

Amy said...

Happy Birthday Ellen--a little bit late!! Hey, I think 35 is still young. But, I get the eggs drying up thing!! I had to laugh.

ellen :) said...

thanks, Amy!! I have to laugh,too, or else I'll cry! ;)

Dawn said...

Happy Belated Birthday Ellen! Geez, I'm ashamedly late in posting this. Hope you had a great day and have a wonderful year! And 35 is definitely not old!